Ahead of this evening’s State of the Union Address, the White House has released the following excerpts.
The speech is expected to be pushing for bipartisanship while pushing the President’s agenda on immigration, infrastructure reform, and highlighting the victories against ISIS.
The State of the Union will be starting at 9pm EST, we will be reporting the takeaways from the speech as it unfolds as well as streaming live on our Facebook Page Nasty Politics News.
- “So tonight I am extending an open hand to work with members of both parties, Democrats and Republicans, to protect our citizens, of every background, color and creed.”
- “Last year, I pledged that we would work with our allies to extinguish ISIS from the face of the earth. One year later, I’m proud to report the coalition to defeat ISIS has liberated almost 100% of the territory once held by these killers in Iraq and Syria. But there is much more work to be done. We will continue our fight until ISIS is defeated.”
- “Together, we are building a safe, strong and proud America.”
- “Past experience has taught us that complacency and concessions only invite aggression and provocation. I will not repeat the mistakes of past administrations that got us into this dangerous position.”
- “As we rebuild America’s strength and confidence at home, we are also restoring our strength and standing abroad.”
- “We want every American to know the dignity of a hard day’s work; we want every child to be safe in their home at night, and we want every citizen to be proud of this land that we love.”
- “Just as I promised the American people from this podium 11 months ago, we enacted the biggest tax cuts and reform in American history.”
- “Our massive tax cuts provide tremendous relief for the middle class and small businesses.”
- “Struggling communities, especially immigrant communities, will also be helped by immigration policies that focus on the best interests of American workers and American families.”
- “Since we passed tax cuts, roughly 3 million workers have already gotten tax cut bonuses — many of them thousands of dollars per worker.”
- “I am asking both parties to come together to give us the safe, fast, reliable and modern infrastructure our economy needs and our people deserve.”
- “This is our new American moment. There has never been a better time to start living the American dream.”
- “America is a nation of builders. We built the Empire State Building in just one year — isn’t it a disgrace that it can now take 10 years just to get a permit approval for a simple road.”
- “Tonight, I want to talk about what kind of future we are going to have, and what kind of nation we are going to be. All of together, as one team, one people, and one American family.”
- “America has also finally turned the page on decades of unfair trade deals that sacrificed our prosperity and shipped away our companies, our jobs and our nation’s wealth.”
- “We have ended the war on American energy — and we have ended the war on clean coal. We are now an exporter of energy to the world.”
- “Americans love their country. And they deserve a government that shows them the same love and loyalty in return.”
- “In our drive to make Washington accountable we have eliminated more regulations in our first year than any administration in history.”
- “For the last year we have sought to restore the bonds of trust between our citizens and their government.”